Love, Sex and Fandom

Quiz: Which controversial pop culture ship are you?

From Reylo to Larry Stylinson, see how your interests match up to some of the most popular yet questionable ships out there

1. What cliché rom-com job do you have?

a) teacher

b) artist

c) writer

d) secret agent

2. What Netflix original series are you binging on a quiet night?

a) You

b) Never Have I Ever

c) Bridgerton

d) Stranger Things

3. What romantic trope do you fantasize about most often?

a) enemies to lovers

b) there was only one bed

c) forbidden love

d) fake dating

4. At a party, you can most likely be found…

a) where the snacks are

b) in the middle of the dance floor

c) probably hiding out in the bathroom

d) why am I even at a party…

5. Which Harry Potter character would you take to the Yule Ball?

a) Draco Malfoy

b) Luna Lovegood

c) Remus Lupin

d) Hermione Granger

6. If you’re not falling in love with a human, it’s because you’re already in love with a(n)…

a) robot

b) alien

c) werewolf

d) ghost

7. What best describes you in a breakup?

a) throwing your significant other’s stuff out the window

b) parting on mutual terms and staying friends

c) not bummed because you knew the relationship was doomed from the start

d) just kind of…pretending it never happened

8. What element does your zodiac sign fall under?

a) fire

b) water

c) earth

d) air

If you picked mostly As…

Your controversial ship is Rey and Kylo Ren from the Star Wars franchise. Maybe you have an interrogation kink—I would too if it was by the hand of Adam Driver. You can be hot-headed, but this just stems from your strong will and passion, which is all well and good if you’re not using your Jedi mind tricks for torturous purposes. To further your Reylo fantasies, read The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood, which once used to literally be a Reylo fic before it got published!

If you picked mostly Bs…

Your controversial ship is Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson from One Direction. What makes YOU beautiful (wink wink) is how wholesome you undeniably are, and while you might be pretty social, you like to get to know someone before you enter a relationship. You’re creative, passionate and love to live life to the fullest. For more band romance, watch the Netflix original series Julie and the Phantoms.

If you picked mostly Cs…

Your controversial ship is Jacob Black and Renesmee Cullen from the Twilight series. Maybe you’re into people younger than you, or people older than you…or you belong in jail. Whatever the case is, you definitely appreciate solitude and would not complain if a giant werewolf were to leap out of the woods, tell you to get on their back and take you away with them forever. For more romantic werewolf drama, check out the TV show Teen Wolf.

If you picked mostly Ds…

Your controversial ship is Steve Rogers and Sharon Carter from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Maybe you had a bad breakup and thought that rather than moving on to someone entirely new, you’d just pick their sibling, or in Steve’s case, their niece. Like Steve and Sharon, you’re stubborn and always set on doing what you believe is the right thing, even if there are people standing in your way. For more confusing familial attraction meets lack of aging, try watching the film The Age of Adaline.

Return to homepage